This procedure is not one that you hear of every day, so what does it do for your body exactly? This therapy uses hormones that are identical to natural hormones in your body. Specific hormones like estrogen, estradiol, progesterone, testosterone, and more, can all be replaced and leveled out within the body by using this replacement therapy. This therapy is the natural alternative to many medications. It can be used naturally by taking BioTe Pellets or injections. Basically, if you are running low on hormones, this therapy can help get your hormone levels back to the right level. ALWAYS consult a physician before starting this therapy.
Questions to Ask Your Hormone Therapist
There are many questions that come with hormone replacement therapy. Especially if you are a woman going through menopause, you surely have considered this option. Here are three very important questions to ask your hormone therapist or physician:
- Are hormones necessary for menopause? Menopause can be uncomfortable, especially when you are first starting to experience symptoms. Balancing hormones takes time, so staying true to the process, and patient, can result in the best option for you.
- How do I transition off them? Some women want to wean themselves off of the therapy after some time, or they want to reduce their use. Always talk to a professional before starting, but here are a few ways to help:
- Skip days. If you start to use hormone therapy every other day, instead of every day, it can help you to wean yourself off.
- Take a half dose. Start taking only half the dose. After your body adjusts, consult a physician to see how long this takes, you can start taking smaller amounts until you are not taking any at all.
- Go cold turkey. Some women can go cold turkey. As long as you are prepared to address the effects, then this might be the option for you. Again, consult a physician before trying.
- Which bio-identical hormones are recommended? If you are looking to start using bioidentical hormone therapy, consult an expert, and they will be able to work with you to find the right hormone treatment for you.
Ready to Get Your Hormones in Check?
After considering all the options, and talking to a specialist, you will be more than ready to get started on your bioidentical hormone replacement therapy in Allen, TX. Make sure to ask all questions that you have, and have your physician explain all your options. Once you know that replacement therapy is the right thing for you, the experts at Revive Med Spa in Allen, Texas can get you started.
2 people like this post.