A dental bridge is known as a non-removable prosthesis. This prosthesis attached to the remaining natural teeth in one’s mouth. Dental bridges in HI work to fill the space from a tooth or teeth that are missing, leaving you with a fuller and more even-looking smile.
Dental bridges consist of the following components:
- The tooth replacement, or the artificial tooth
- A crown that caps the surrounding teeth
- A dental crown that secures the artificial or new tooth in place
Dental Bridge Benefits
- Protective – Not only is the bridge restorative to your smile; but it also helps to strengthen and protect the teeth around it.
- Non-removable – Because dental bridges are fixed within your mouth, you don’t have to worry about removing them during cleaning.
- Long lasting – With regular dental visits and proper care, bridges are durable and can last for several years.
- An Implant alternative – Bridges are less invasive than implants. For patients that are looking for an alternative to surgical procedures, dental bridges offer a wonderful and fast alternative.
Types of Bridges
- Traditional – Bridges made from porcelain or ceramic and fused to metal are the most common.
- Cantilever – This type of bridge is used when adjacent teeth on only one side of the tooth are missing.
- Bonded – This type of bridge consists of porcelain or metal wings on either side of existing teeth.
Caring for Dental Bridges
The best way to care for your bridges is to brush and floss twice a day, in addition to making regular visits to the dentist. This will prevent gum disease and tooth decay, which could lead to further tooth loss or gum disease.
If you have further questions about dental bridges or other types of detail care, our team is here to assist you! Please contact us to schedule an appointment.
Be the first to like.