Even though, there is nothing fun about being addicted to drugs; there definitely are some wonderful features about drug treatment.
1. You won’t lose your family. Staying dependent on drugs makes a person’s brain selfish, so they act in a selfish manner toward others. Family members quickly become tired of all the selfish shenanigans, and the addict can have their relationships irreversibly damaged. Seeking drug treatment will enhance the chances that the family will stay more intact and supportive.
2. You won’t get a disease. And who loves having diseases? Nobody. Individuals who continue to practice their addictions, stand a greater chance of developing diseases, either communicable infectious diseases, or other diseases which are secondary to lifestyle choices. Entering drug treatment greatly decreases one’s risk of developing a substance-related condition.
3. You will have more money. Everyone loves having more money, right? So, after a person is involved in drug treatment, they begin to no longer spend all their money on drugs. Most folks say, they have lots more money left at the end of each month, compared to before when they were using.
4. You will be happier and feel better. Doing drugs all the time is depressing. Having to hunt down pills all the time is exhausting. A person no longer has these concerns, after they begin treatment.
5. You won’t die. (What else needs to be said about that?)
There are many other advantages about seeking treatment for substance abuse problems. Let’s face it, if an addicted individual does not seek appropriate help, he or she will unfortunately, end up in one of three places. Either in jail, in a hospital or in the cemetery. Those are the sad facts.
If you or someone you know has a problem with drugs or alcohol, call: The Drug and Alcohol Detox Clinic of South Mississippi @ 601-261-9101, or on the web @ www.TheDrugandAlcoholDetoxClinic.com. You can also like their Facebook page for more information. There’s Still Hope!
Be the first to like.